New to Kubed? Please start here.
Backup & Restore Persistent Volumes
Stash by AppsCode is a Kubernetes operator to backup & restore Persistent Volumes. If you are running production workloads in Kubernetes, you might want to take backup of your disks. Traditional tools are too complex to setup and maintain in a dynamic compute environment like Kubernetes.
restic is a backup program that is fast, efficient and secure with few moving parts. Stash is a CRD controller for Kubernetes built around
restic to address these issues. Using Stash, you can backup Kubernetes volumes mounted in following types of workloads:
- Fast, secure, efficient backup of any kubernetes volumes.
- Automates configuration of
restic for periodic backup.
- Store backed up files in various cloud storage provider, including S3, GCS, Azure, OpenStack Swift, DigitalOcean Spaces etc.
- Restore backup easily in any cluster on any cloud provider.
- Periodically check integrity of backed up data.
- Take backup in offline mode.
- Support workload initializer for faster backup.
- Prometheus ready metrics for backup process.
- Learn how to use Kubed to take periodic snapshots of a Kubernetes cluster here.
- To setup a recycle bin for deleted and/or updated Kubernetes objects, please visit here.
- Need to keep configmaps/secrets synchronized across namespaces or clusters? Try Kubed config syncer.
- Want to keep an eye on your cluster with automated notifications? Setup Kubed event forwarder.
- Out of disk space because of too much logs in Elasticsearch or metrics in InfluxDB? Configure janitors to delete old data.
- Wondering what features are coming next? Please visit here.
- Want to hack on Kubed? Check our contribution guidelines.