New to Kubed? Please start here.
Kubed operator exposes Prometheus ready metrics via the following endpoints on port
/metrics: Scrape this to monitor operator.
Follow the steps below to view the metrics:
system:anonymoususer access to
/metricsurl. This is not safe to do on a production cluster.
apiVersion: rbac.authorization.k8s.io/v1 kind: ClusterRole metadata: name: appscode:system:metrics-collector rules: - nonResourceURLs: ["/metrics"] verbs: ["get"] --- apiVersion: rbac.authorization.k8s.io/v1 kind: ClusterRoleBinding metadata: name: appscode:system:metrics-collector roleRef: apiGroup: rbac.authorization.k8s.io kind: ClusterRole name: appscode:system:metrics-collector subjects: - apiGroup: rbac.authorization.k8s.io kind: User name: system:anonymous
$ kubectl auth reconcile -f docs/examples/monitoring/metrics-collector.yaml clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io "appscode:system:metrics-collector" reconciled clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io "appscode:system:metrics-collector" reconciled
- Now, forward the port
:8443to your workstation.
$ kubectl get pods -n kube-system | grep voyager voyager-operator-f89dcccdb-plvmt 1/1 Running 0 27m $ kubectl port-forward -n kube-system voyager-operator-f89dcccdb-plvmt 8443 Forwarding from 127.0.0.1:8443 -> 8443 Forwarding from [::1]:8443 -> 8443
- Now, visit the url: https://127.0.0.1:8443/metrics
- Once you are done, remove access to
$ kubectl delete -f docs/examples/monitoring/metrics-collector.yaml clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io "appscode:system:metrics-collector" deleted clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io "appscode:system:metrics-collector" deleted
- Learn how to use Kubed to protect your Kubernetes cluster from disasters here.
- Need to keep configmaps/secrets synchronized across namespaces or clusters? Try Kubed config syncer.
- Want to keep an eye on your cluster with automated notifications? Setup Kubed event forwarder.
- Out of disk space because of too much logs in Elasticsearch or metrics in InfluxDB? Configure janitors to delete old data.
- Wondering what features are coming next? Please visit here.
- Want to hack on Kubed? Check our contribution guidelines.